- When laying turf it is essential to use an appropriate Underlay Soil. You can order your turf directly from us as well.
- Although turf can survive on a minimum 50mm bed of soil, it is recommended to lay a minimum of 75mm of soil in order to allow the growth of high quality turf. This is especially the case when laying upon poor-quality ground.
- When laying a new lawn, be sure to add slightly more soil than usual, as newly applied turf sinks slightly when wet.
- Sand, when washed and mixed with soil, increases the drainage capability of your lawn.
TOPDRESSING YOUR LAWN
- There are several products available to top-dress your lawn – you need to advise us of what lawn you have as not all products are optimal for all lawns. Alternatively you can browse through our Topsoil & Turf Underlay page for handy information on each individual soil that we provide.
MAINTAINING YOUR LAWN
- For handy information on how to properly maintain your lawn see the attached PDF below:
Turf Care Guide